The main objective of the SIDERAL project is to develop the U-Space functions required for the safe integration of drone operations in emergency services through a Concept of Operations supported by U-Space services.
To support this objective, it is proposed to define and test a set of concrete operational scenarios that will contribute to the development of the unmanned traffic management (UTM) system functions and to the validation of the U-Space services provided to users, with special attention to drone operators and ANSPs, but also considering others, such as other emergency services aircraft. The developments, supported by demonstrations, will contribute to achieve other more specific objectives of the project:
- Analyze how aeronautical information should be provided to drone operators.
- Provide the drone operator with an electronic identification and logging function to record a flight electronically.
- Provide geo-fencing capability, through the use of EGNOS.
- Provide the drone operator with the functionality to record flights through a standard data model.
- Define procedures together with ATM/ATC to perform automatic flight validation.
- Define and evaluate the operational and contingency procedures required between a drone operator and ATC.
- Interconnect relevant drone data with operational ATM systems to support air traffic controllers.
- Define the operational procedures to segregate an airspace, for a given flight and time.
- Analyze the provision of non-aeronautical information to declare no-fly zones.